2 x FBackup Win XP questions - scheduled backups and admin access

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
robrocke

Post by robrocke »

I have two questions about using FBackup with Windows XP:
1. Does the FBackup program need to be running (in the tray) for the scheduled backups I've created within FBackup to properly run, or will my scheduled backups take place even if FBackup is not running?
2. Does FBackup need administrator access to run? If I log onto an XP machine with administrator privileges to create a scheduled backup, but then a non-admin user is logged onto that machine with FBackup running in the tray at the time of the scheduled backup, will the backup run successfully?
Finally, if the answer to both of these questions is negative, is there a way to use Windows' own scheduling utility to schedule a regular daily backup that will run even with a non-admin user logged in?
Thanks in advance,

RR

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
1. The scheduled backup execution will start no matter if FBackup is closed or running in tray.
2. The FBackup scheduler will run if at least one user is logged in, no matter if is an admin or not.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

robrocke

Post by robrocke »

I am still having issues with this: I logged into an XP pro machine as an "Administrator" and set up a scheduled backup using FBackup. When I've then been logged into that same machine with a separate user account with only "Standard" privileges, the scheduled backup does not seem to take place, no matter whether FBackup is running in the tray for that standard user or not. I then tried re-configuring a scheduled backup with that standard user logged in, but the account didn't seem to have enough privileges to set a scheduled FBackup. Can someone please clarify what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
What error message do you receive when trying to set up a scheduled task using the Build-in scheduler under the Standard user account?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html