"Access denied" errors after upgrade from v8.9 to 9.0

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
itm

"Access denied" errors after upgrade from v8.9 to 9.0

Post by itm »

I was prompted to upgrade FBackup (free edition) from v8.9 to v9.0 yesterday. I did the upgrade, and imported all of my backups from v8.9.
When the scheduled backups ran last night, from a Windows 10 machine to various drives on an Ubuntu file server, all of the jobs failed with an "Access denied" error.
I just tried creating a new file and folder on the Ubuntu file server from the same Windows 10 machine that Fbackup runs on, and had no problems.
Any idea how I can diagnose/fix this?

itm

Re: "Access denied" errors after upgrade from v8.9 to 9.0

Post by itm »

...and now a day later I've noticed that none of my daily scheduled backups ran last night. I then tried running some of them manually, and couldn't get any of them to start. So upgrading from 8.9 to 9.0 has basically completely trashed my backup regime.
!!?!!!

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please try to create in FBackup 9 a new small backup job with the same source and destination you used for the other jobs (1-2 files).
Do you still have the problem?
If yes, please send us the last backup log and the .fkc catalog file for that job to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

itm

Post by itm »

I just tried re-creating one of the jobs manually in v9.0. When I try to run it manually it gets added to the "Running" list but never executes.
We are also corresponding via a separate thread in the Troubleshooting forum (sorry - I put this message in the wrong forum) so will follow up there from now on!

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We will continue the discussion on the other topic.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html