Backup failing all the time.

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
jayg

Post by jayg »

Hi my backup use to work but all of sudden it is failing and I am getting this error message "11 4:24:16 PM] Close catalog file "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Softland\FBackup 4\fkcFiles\main.fkc"

[3/16/2011 4:24:16 PM] Error: Backup aborted. Reason:

Out of memory

Backup aborted at 3/16/2011 4:24:16 PM with 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)". My backup is network backup that backs up data from my file server to my backup server. I have 3 other backups that run off my file server. They backup once a week while my main backup(the one I am having trouble with) backs up daily. I have 2 GB of free space on my c partition where the fkc file is located. I already deleted my previous backup and started over again. I am still getting this error message. I was wondering if there is a fix for this error? Thanks PS I am running fbackup 4.4 I also am running a full backup and I have 150 GB of free space on my backup server. My previous backups were 69 GB after compression.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please make sure you have enough RAM memory available.

I suggest you to split the backup job into multiple jobs with less files each.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html