Backup jobs

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Newbie59

Backup jobs

Post by Newbie59 »

Hi,

As you can tell, I am new here at this forum. :o

I am using FBackup v8.7 for some time now for backing-up files and sub-dirs from the C:-disk to my Synology NAS.
I also have two (identical) laptops with in general have many of the same programs on them.
On my laptop FBackup is setup with 5 back-up jobs.

Now my question is: are the FBackup jobs saved as seperate files on the C:-disk and if so where can I find them?
That would be nice, because I would only have to copy them on to the other laptop to make it work! ;)

If the above isn't applicable, then is there an other way to achieve that or do I have to set FBackup up again on the other laptop?

Thanks for 'listening', hope to hear from someone.

[EDITED]
I finally(!) found the answer I was looking for!
I was searching the disk for "FBackup" instead I should have searched the disk for "Softland".... which I did....
In the dir "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 8\Jobs\" I found what I was looking for.

Sorry for bothering you with such a trivial matter. Thanks!

danieljacob

Re: Backup jobs

Post by danieljacob »

Newbie59 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 5:34 pm
Hi,

As you can tell, I am new here at this forum. :o

I am using FBackup v8.7 for some time now for backing-up files and sub-dirs from the C:-disk to my Synology NAS.
I also have two (identical) laptops with in general have many of the same programs on them.
On my laptop FBackup is setup with 5 back-up jobs.

Now my question is: are the FBackup jobs saved as seperate files on the C:-disk and if so where can I find them?
That would be nice, because I would only have to copy them on to the other laptop to make it work! ;)

If the above isn't applicable, then is there an other way to achieve that or do I have to set FBackup up again on the other laptop?

Thanks for 'listening', hope to hear from someone.

[EDITED]
I finally(!) found the answer I was looking for!
I was searching the disk for "FBackup" instead I should have searched the disk for "Softland".... which I did....
In the dir "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 8\Jobs\" I found what I was looking for.

Sorry for bothering you with such a trivial matter. Thanks!
Thank you, I was looking for a modality to transfer the backup jobs as well. Your answer helped me.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup jobs

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

I'm glad that helped.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html