Backup of emails and address book

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Lefaivre

Post by Lefaivre »

I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (standard edition) and version 4.5 was installed recently on my pc by a professional. The backup is saved on an external drive. It does a backup of everything I have in "My documents" (which is on my C drive) and should also includes a backup of all my emails/address book. How can I confirm that my emails/address book are being backup. For "My documents" I know it is working as I can access the external drive and view my documents but I cannot access the folder related to microsoft as I get the following message: 'You are attempting to open a file of type ‘office data file’ (.pst). These files are used by the operating system and by various programs. Editing or modifying them could damage your system. If you still want to open the file click Open With otherwise click Cancel'. Any suggestions. Thank you

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
The .pst files can be open only by Outlook. You can compare the size and date of the file in destination with the size and date of the source .pst file.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html