Backups not working for newbie (me)

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Have not had success with scheduled backups, tried using built in scheduler and windows scheduler, no difference.
This is what has been happening typically: Yesterday morning at about 6am I tried again, set backup of certain folders for 7:15am. It worked, program started at 7:15am and it backed what I wanted successfully. I had also set it to do that daily, so this morning when I checked, the scheduled backup did not run and gave an error message saying "<filename> is not a valid backup job" (or something like that.) This has gone on like this for a week or so now and I am unsure of what to do next. Thanks for any help you are able to give. Sorry if this has been asked beofre but I could not seem to find a similar posting.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
That message appears when the backup job that was supposed to run, does not exist. Please make sure the backup job with the same name exists in FBackup.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html