Cannot Load Backup Catalog Error

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
msc

Post by msc »

I have 2 older Dell PC's that are nearly identical. I am trying to set up the 2nd one as a backup since the 1st one has been having some intermittent problems.
I set up all the files and programs exactly the same on both PCs.

Been using FBackup on 1st PC for months with 3 backup jobs. No problem.

- Loaded FBackup on 2nd PC.

- Transferred Destination drive to 2nd PC

- Double clicked on the 3 catalog files on the Destination drive to recreate the backup jobs in FBackup.

- Worked perfectly on "My Documents" job, and "Outlook Express" job.

- Was also able to "Restore" files from PC #1 to PC #2, on those 2 backup jobs.

- But when I double clicked the Catalog File for "IE Favorites" job, I got the error message below.
"Cannot Load Backup Catalog "J:\IE Favorites.fkc", Error message: The Internet Explorer Favorites (by Softland) custom source with id {CB171D8A-1F40-4D72-8F72-7D0E76F25E45} could not be loaded. Please reinstall it!"
I know I can create the "IE Favorites" backup job manually on PC #2, but I want to be able to move the destination drive between the 2 PCs, and do restores if necessary.

If I create a new backup job manually for IE Favorites on PC #2, I'm concerned that the same thing will happen when I move the destination drive back to PC #1.
Is there anything I can do to make the destination drive compatible between the 2 PC's for the "IE Favorites" backup job?
Thank you...

msc

Post by msc »

UPDATE: Problem Solved. "My Documents" backup job, and "Outlook Express" backup job already had the plugins installed by default.
But the IE Favorites plugin was not installed. I assumed the Catalog file would load everything that was needed, but after I installed the IE Favorites plugin, I was able to recreate the IE Favorites backup job on the 2nd computer by just double clicking the Catalog file on the Destination drive.
I hope this information will be useful to others...
Thanks