Catalog duplicate ?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
drtim

Post by drtim »

Thanks for a great piece of software
I just got started with this on a W7 machine. I created my first few backup projects and everything went perfectly. I am backing up to an external hard drive.
I decided to change the name of the destination folder from just plain BACKUP to include my name, so that I could also backup my wife's computer with a backup folder including her name. This allowed me to differentiate between the 2 backups. Everything is working but the backup names have changed now in my backup folder, to include a (1). For example, my Health.fkc backup is now called Health(1).fkc.
I have gone to the summary view, and the destination - catalog line does reflect this. I subsequently opened the Initialization folder and edited the Health.ini folder from "DEST_BKC_NAME=Health(1).fkc" to "DEST_BKC_NAME=Health.fkc", but it still did not fix this problem. Is there any way that I can get rid of the trailer (1) for my backups? I don't want to delete the backups and start again, as some of them are huge and took a long time to create.
I tried renaming via Backup Properties as you discuss here:

http://www.fbackup.com/forum/topic/dupl ... tion-drive

However, this did not solve my problem.
Hopefully, this was clear. Thank you.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

hi,
Was FBackup closed while you edit the .ini file?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

drtim

Post by drtim »

No it was not. I have closed FBackup and edited the .ini file and that fixed the problem. Thank you.
On another note, do I need to have Outlook closed when FBackup is backing up Outlook? Thank you.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
If you use an administrator account you can back up Outlook while it is open.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

drtim

Post by drtim »

I am using an administrator account, but yet still not able to backup Outlook while it is open.
Here is the problem area of the backup log:
[7/10/2012 9:45:02 AM] Preparing shadow copy

[7/10/2012 9:45:04 AM] Could not create Volume Shadow Copy. Locked files will not be copied. Cannot connect to the vss server. The system cannot find the file specified

[7/10/2012 9:45:10 AM] Warning: Skipping file C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

Source error (code 33). The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. (C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst).
Update:
Before posting, I did the following. I went to Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Services --> Volume Shadow Copy --> set it to Automatic and made sure it was started
That appears to have fixed the problem.
Thanks