Catalog File Name Appended with a (1)

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
msc

Post by msc »

My destination drive has a catalog file name of "Firefox Profiles", matching the Backup Job name.
My catalog folder on the PC's hard drive has the same catalog file name with a (1) appended to it. "Firefox Profiles(1)"
In a previous post, you instructed to temporarily change the backup job name by adding a "2" to it and saving. This would immediately change the catalog file names by adding the "2" to them also. Then change the Backup Job name back to the original, and the catalog names would follow.
At the time of your previous posted instruction, I tried it and it worked perfectly.
I tried the procedure above and the catalog file name did not change this time. I even deleted the file in the catalog folder and double clicked the catalog file (with the correct name) on the destination drive and it still creates a file in the catalog folder with a (1) appended to it.
I tried changing the Backup Job names several times, and there are no changes in the catalog names in either folder.
Has something about this procedure changed in the past few months?
Sorry for the long question. The problem is a bit tricky to describe. Hope I was clear.
Thank you.
This came up before

msc

Post by msc »

Also, if don't know if this is meaningful, but the Initialization folder (IniFiles) contains "Firefox Profiles" AND "Firefox Profiles(0)"

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
As I can remember, last time we spoke about the file name in destination.

For ini file, please rename all existing files with the same name in Initialization folder.

Also make rename the backup job in Catalog folder.

Delete the backup job from FBackup and open the fkc catalog from backup destination.

The ini file and local catalog will be recreated with the correct name.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

msc

Post by msc »

Thank you. The key to the solution for me was to delete the Backup Job, and recreate it by double clicking on the Catalog file on the Destination drive.
Can you please clarify 2 of your instructions above:
1) For ini file, please rename all existing files with the same name in Initialization folder.
What are you referring to as "existing files"? Are you saying to rename all CATALOG files with the same name as the ini file?
2) Also make rename the backup job in Catalog folder.
Rename it to what? I thought I just renamed it to the same name as the ini file?
Thank You.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
If you do not follow the above steps, when you open the catalog in destination, a file with the same name already exists in Initialization or Catalog folder. In this case, FBackup will create a new file with (0) suffix.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html