Creating first Backup

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
AriS

Post by AriS »

Hi,
As one of my hard disks failed a month ago, I want to make better backup of my files this time and FBackup seems like a perfect option. It has all the needed features and is very easy to use.
I've got a SSD for windows, drive C:. Then I have a internal 1TB HDD for pictures and everything (which failed last time) as a drive D:, and then I have a 1TB External Sata drive mostly for backup usage, which is labeled H:.
Now after the drive crash, I now have all my files on the new internal D: drive and on the external H: drive. The files are exactly the same at the moment.
And here's my question: I want to make a mirror backup of my files from D: to the external H:, but if I know make a backup of the files (which are already exactly the same) does FBackup overwrite every file? Or does it recognize that the files are aldready there?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
FBackup does not recognize the files you manually put in destination. It uses a backup catalog to keep track of the backed up files.

Running a backup with FBackup will copy all files to destination.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html