Doesn't list drives

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
i_am_jim

Doesn't list drives

Post by i_am_jim »

I try to get Fbackup going on a computer illiterate friend's computer but unless I check it very regularly it quits backing up. I checked today and it quit working in October (it's set up to run every night). It seems it can't find the drive. But the drive is there and Acronis is still backing up to it.

When I try to point it to the drive in Properties the drive is not listed. Only the C: drive. How do I point the, once working, backup at the drive it's to use?

Toddz

Help! How to post

Post by Toddz »

I registered, am shown as the newest member, but there is no "Post" toggle anywhere. I can reply, so that's what I'm doing now. What the heck am I missing. I have all the updates from my 2018 purchase (FBackup 8.9). Do I have to be a currently paid subscriber to start a post? It does not say that anywhere.
Todd
Thanks!

Toddz

Re: Doesn't list drives NEVER MIND

Post by Toddz »

NEVER MIND

AFTER I made the below post, a "New Topic" showed up - because I was in a category.
SO: you have to choose your category first.
Thanks!

Toddz

Re: Doesn't list drives

Post by Toddz »

SORRY JIM, I unitentionally added to your topic line. So here it is again:

i_am_jim's post:

Doesn't list drives
Post by i_am_jim » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:45 pm

I try to get Fbackup going on a computer illiterate friend's computer but unless I check it very regularly it quits backing up. I checked today and it quit working in October (it's set up to run every night). It seems it can't find the drive. But the drive is there and Acronis is still backing up to it.

When I try to point it to the drive in Properties the drive is not listed. Only the C: drive. How do I point the, once working, backup at the drive it's to use?

i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

Hello out there. Can I get help with this problem or has Fbackup become unusable on his computer?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

How is other drive recognized by Windows?
Can you manually access that drive in File Explorer?

What version of FBackup do you use?