Don't understand what the plugins are

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
crzyallday1118

Post by crzyallday1118 »

I have just downloaded FBackup and also downloaded several plugins. I am a novice at this so my confusion will probably seem silly but that is unfortunately how it is for now. Really don't know how to plugins are for and how they relate to a backup job. The ones I downloaded are Musicmatch_Jukebox, Windows_Media_Player, Adobe_Photoshop, Picasa, Spybot, Mozilla_Firefox_Profiles, Incredimail, Avast, MSN_Messenger, and Mozilla_Suite. Right now they are sitting on my desktop until I learn what exactly they are. By looking at these, it looks like I need a plugin for everything I want to back up. If there is something on my system that there is no plugin for, does that mean it won't back up?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
You can use a plugin to back up files from a specific application.

To install the plugins, open FBackup and go to Tools->Plugins menu. Press Add and select the plugins.
On each plugin page on our website there are instructions about how to configure a backup job for that plugin. The instructions are the same, the plugin is different on each page.
If you want to back up files from another application, you can pick those files manually and add them to the FBackup source list in Properties->Sources.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

ardhuru

Post by ardhuru »

Hi, my question is related in nature.
Does it mean that if one is willing to manually define files to be backed up for a particular application, a plugin is NOT required?
For example, I use the 'Scrapbook' plugin in Firefox to store pages offline. I know precisely where they are stored; the other thing I'd back up in FF would be the bookmarks. So, as long as I define this master folder, and the folder for bookmarks manually in my backup, I wouldnt need the Firfox (or other) plugin, right?
Thanks and Regards,
Anand Dhuru

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Yes, that is correct.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html