Encryption Password Issue

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Beastie2B

Post by Beastie2B »

I was having an issue with an encryption password. When I enter the password to restore files it would say it was incorrect and just add the folders to the computer and not the files. I than went to try to remove the password and it seem to take the password here, but than I clicked on save and run and it seem to run another back up and overwrite my back up from my external HDD with just the empty folders.
Is there anyway to go back and get the files back or are they permanently gone?

Beastie2B

Post by Beastie2B »

Just a little bit more clarification. When I took off the password the settings said it was gone off, but everytime I tried to restore it still wanted the password. That is whe I thought I had to click on save and run, but than I seen it overwritten my backup of my folders and files with the empy folders on my computer. Is there anyway to undo this?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
I'm sorry, you cannot undo this.

You overwrote the old backup.

Please note even if the password is removed from the current configuration, it the existing backup in destination was created with a password, when restoring that backup, you will be asked for the password.

Only the backups performed from now on will be without password.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html