FB5 not doing scheduled backups

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
MikeyChris

FB5 not doing scheduled backups

Post by MikeyChris »

OK, I have harped on this Admin/BkPriv/RePriv False/ False/ False/ thing a lot and not gotten a real answer. I still think it is the root of my problems.

FB5 does a scheduled backup as long as I am using the computer (logged in as me/admin). But it has not done a scheduled backup in the middle of the night (I am still logged in as me/admin but not using the system) for over a week. Here is the only log for last night (the scheduled backup was for 1:00am)
*************************************log***********************************************************************
[9/15/2013 8:15:01 AM] FBackup 5.0.182
[9/15/2013 8:15:01 AM] Operating system: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Processor[0] : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Processor[1] : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Physical memory (free/total) : 1287 MB/4095 MB
Admin/BkPriv/RePriv : False/False/False
IsWOW64 : True
Locale : English (United States)

[9/15/2013 8:15:01 AM] bSchedstarter was started with the following command line
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Softland\FBackup\bSchedStarter.EXE" /R "{7FA11A61-2065-48C7-B486-7C164DC8A343}" -PRIORITY 4
[9/15/2013 8:15:01 AM] User is not logged on. Will try to start command lineC:\Program Files (x86)\Softland\FBackup\bBackup
*****************************end log*****************************
Note the last line - " User is not logged on" and "WILL TRY" then nothing. When used my computer first thing this morning I was still logged in as me, and the computer came to life as soon as I moved the mouse.

I have told FB to wake the computer if it is sleeping, and have selected RUN WHETHER USER LOGGED IN OR NOT.
Windows (7 Pro 64 bit) Task Scheduler reports the backup task ran successfully at 1:00 am.
I should have checked the backup folder to see if the data was actually backed up, but forgot to do so before running another backup this morning. However, on previous days, I have checked the backup data and some days it actually backed up when the log didn't show it, and other days it did not back up.

Are any of these issues addressed in version 5.0.192? Is there any hope or should I abandon FB5 and go back to 4?

Also, I noticed the internal scheduler is no longer an option, is that because of design or something about my system?
Thanx.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: FB5 not doing scheduled backups

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The user set in scheduler was not logged on, that is the message about.
1. Was the logged on user an administrator?
2. Did you set the scheduler to run only if there is an user logged on?

MikeyChris

Post by MikeyChris »

Softland wrote:Hi,

The user set in scheduler was not logged on, that is the message about.
1. Was the logged on user an administrator?
2. Did you set the scheduler to run only if there is an user logged on?
Hello,
Thanx for the reply.
As indicated in this post and others before it, I am logged in as me(an admin). And yes, as I have stated before, I had selected "Run whether user is logged on or not".

The disturbing thing is both of these issues have occurred some what randomly. For example, last night the back up fine (for the first time in almost a week). However, I had downloaded and installed build 192 yesterday, so maybe that was the reason. That said, I thought build 192 would solve the issue of FB5 not running in foreground ( Scheduler Properties |GENERAL | EXECUTE | Show Main Program not being saved). I do NOT have "Close after run" selected, but FB5 was not open this morning. And when I manually opened it, it gave the message about please wait while windows configures it. These two issues have been persistent since I first installed FB5. The message about please wait while windows configures FB has happened 4 times, and FB5 (when it has performed a scheduled backup) has never opened for a schedule backup (i.e. it runs in background, there is a log that shows it ran and back up data is fresh, but there was never an icon in the task bar showing it running).

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If the message to wait while Windows configures the application is shown, that means the application was not correctly installed.
Did you install FBackup using the .exe or the .msi setup file?
Were you logged as admin when you installed it?

MikeyChris

Post by MikeyChris »

Softland wrote:Hi,

If the message to wait while Windows configures the application is shown, that means the application was not correctly installed.
Did you install FBackup using the .exe or the .msi setup file?
Were you logged as admin when you installed it?
I didn't know I had a choice. I downloaded the file I was steered to (I think there was a link in a message) and that file was FB5_192.exe.

As always, I was logged in a s me (admin). And the program ran successfully in manual mode once before trying a scheduled backup.

As I mention in another post, the last two scheduled backups have run & logged correctly.

Thanx for the continued support.