fBackup Crashes (too many files?)

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hello,
I am successfully backing up my computer's files to a NAS drive but not I need to backup the "My Documents" folder which is large and expansive with over 12K files and about 200GB. The NAS drive has plenty of space, the computer is running Windows 7 64-bit and there are no other programs running in the background.
I set fBackup to perform the backup. It takes awhile to get the list prepared (shadow copy I think) and then it starts to perform the backup. Unfortunately, at some point, which is never the same time, the computer blue screens and restarts. I only have this issue running fBackup. To be clear, fBackup is actually copying the files, but naturally once there is a crash it stops.
Here are some of the things I've already tried:
* Run the chkdsk program to make sure there are no errors.

* Turn off services like antivirus, etc.

* Plug the computer directly into the network where my NAS is located rather than using a slower wireless connection.

* Make sure the latest and greatest MS and fBackup software is installed.
Do you have any thoughts on why this is happening and how to fix the problem?
Thank you.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send us the last backup log from View->Job Logs->Last backup log to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Bill

Post by Bill »

Hello,
Please find that I e-mailed you copies of my log files in ZIP format and included in the e-mail some of the crash details provided by Windows. There was a problem sending the ZIP file the first time so I re-sent in an updated e-mail right after the first went out.