Fbackup ignored half of my folders

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
sisom

Post by sisom »

Hi, I've just tried to use Fbackup to back up my entire main partition, 200GB of data, about 50 folders. I ticked the E: drive letter, expanded it to make sure all the folders within it were automatically ticked by Fbackup, and then did the backup, using 'mirror'. When I checked the backed up files on my external drive (O:/Backup of E/E) ten or more of the folders weren't there. When I went into one of the folders, which should have contained about 200 sub folders, only about 100 of them were there.
I have used Fbackup in the past, about two years ago, is it possible that somehow it is pulling through the settings that I used then? I used the same backup job that I had used two years ago, so I suspect it has kept a record of the folders it backed up then, and just ignored the new ones - even though when I go into the settings for the back up, it clearly shows all of the folders are ticked on E: drive.

I apologise if this question has already been asked before.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send us the info[at]fbackup[dot]com:

- the .fkc catalog file for that job. You can find the .fkc file if you go to View->Open folder->Destination folder.

- the .log file for the last backup job. To find it, please go to: View->Job Logs->Last Backup Log.

Put the files into a zip archive.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html