Help for an old codger

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Drover

Help for an old codger

Post by Drover »

I have just downloaded Version 5.0 and I think I have successfully backed up onto my Seagate device.
While it was backing up the text mentioned Outlook Express but I would be pleased if someone could tell me if I have indeed captured Outlook Express and if not, am I able to do so with Version 5?
Also can I now delete Version 4 from my computer?
Lastly, I will be taking delivery of a new computer in the next few days which will be running Windows 8. I assume they it will be relatively simple to transfer the content of my backup to the new machine, but how will it appear on the new outfit............does it simply show as a download that can be opened at will or does it sort things out into compartments in the new operating system???
I appreciate this is all very basic and that my questions are pretty dumb but I am an eighty year old and I have a bit of a problem with abbreviated computer lingo.
Thank you in anticipation.
Drover.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Help for an old codger

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. Outlook Express is no longer supported in version 5 as Microsoft also uses another email client in Windows 8.
2. In order to move the backups on the new computer, you need to install FBackup on Windows 8 then open the .fkc catalog files from the backup destination. That will recreate the backup jobs on Windows 8.