How long does FBackup take?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
murch

Post by murch »

Hi:
I'm a first-time user and am curious about how long a backup should take. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an older AMD Athlon 64-bit chip PC and I have about 50GB of data on a 700GB drive. I'm trying to mirror the full drive to an external 1.5 TB HDD and it's been running over 9 hours yet still shows 0% compleete. The log (so far) indicates that FBackup found 50 GB of file and is preparing the image.
Does anyone out there know how long it takes for FBackup to mirror a drive with 50GB content on it? Is there an easy way to get a sense of progress?
Thanks.

murch

Post by murch »

I Finally cancelled it after 24 hours in the same state - 0%. I'm not sure why it got hung up at that point. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas?
Thanks.

murch

Post by murch »

Interestingly enough, the Cancel operation didn't work well either. After clicking on "Cancel", I could not close the application. After 25 minutes I had to force a shutdown on the PC and that seemed to do the trick.
I suspect that it was somehow hug up. Has anyone else had this experience? any ideas for me?
Thanks.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send us the backup log from View->Job Logs->Last backup log to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html