How to find "warnings"

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
alanrwood

How to find "warnings"

Post by alanrwood »

Just installed FBackup 5 latest version (5.0.359) yesterday.

I have created a backup job to backup several folders. The process was successful however it says I have 2 warnings when I look at the log file (2 Files skipped).

How do I find what the warnings are and which files were skipped? The log file contains the paths of around 25,000 files and manually going through it is far too time consuming. I tried a search using "warning", "skipped" and a few others but no luck. It does seem a bit strange that a program generates a warning and it is not easily viewed.

Any help gratefully received.

Alan

Adrian (Softland)

Re: How to find "warnings"

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You just need to search the log for warning: or error: , as it is written on the top of the log.

alanrwood

Post by alanrwood »

Hi

Thanks for the reply however that is what I actually did as I said in my post. A manual search through the log of 25,000 is far too time consuming to contemplate. Would it not be better to separate the warnings etc from the OKs or put them in red for ease of finding them.

Rgds Alan

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

This is not possible at this moment. We consider that automatically searching for a keyword is faster than manually scrolling the log and look for a different text color notification.

alanrwood

Post by alanrwood »

Hi

Having just tried your suggestion please forgive me if I disagree.