Mirror Back up cleared previous version

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I configured a Mirror back up and scheduled it to run. It ran just fine, however, on the second scheduled run the progrm cleared the previous version and performed a full backup again. I expected it to just add the new files adn overwite the changed files.
Here is the full listing:

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Okay, i'm not sure the way your software works. Most back up programs base their file selection on the "archive bit" which is set each time a file is changed or added. The backup software then looks for this and copies the changed files over the same backup file and resets the archive bit on the original file. It also adds any new files to the back up if they do not exist. As to files that have been deleted from the original locations, Most Software offers the option of retaininig these files for archaive pourposes or deleteing them from the back up drive.
HOW DOES YOUR SOFTWARE WORK?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
If you use the Full backup type, a complete backup will be created each time.
If you use the Mirror backup type, only new and modified files will be backed up.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html