New version bug still there

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Billybackup

Post by Billybackup »

Hi, I contacted support a while back, prior to your most recent FBACKUP update (Version 4.6 Build 250) regarding the 'backup date' not being corrected each time a backup is performed. I am referring to my accidentally leaving my computer calendar set to a future date and forgetting to changing it back to the current date before I backed up with FBACKUP and now it remains set to that future date and I am never sure when I did my last backup. Interestingly the new feature of 'Summary Details' makes no mention of the last backup date. I hoped it would have been there at least if not anywhere else. A support person promptly responded to say it was recognised as a program error and that it would be fixed in a 'future' update. I appreciated the quick response and waited in anticipation of the next update. Now, my question is how far into the 'future' did you mean' as it is seems to still be there in the latest update? Thanks, Billybackup.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
The problem you report appears in very rare cases. You were the only one reporting this problem. We decided that bug has a lower priority than others. That is not fixed yet but it will be. I cannot tell you exactly when it will be fixed.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Billybackup

Post by Billybackup »

Hi, Thanks for responding to my question regarding 'backup dates' not being updated in FBACKUP backups. If I am the only person to date reporting that this very annoying bug affects them, then I guess I should simply be more patient and wait for a fix, whenever... Afterall, I am using a 'free' program! Your response does leave me wondering if I had paid for the 'professional' version of FBACKUP and this particular bug was given 'low priority' status to fix, how then would I feel about not having it addressed in a following update? Regards, Billybackup