Not backup the .bak file (Database backup file, size around 60 GB)

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
liewsb

Post by liewsb »

Hi,
I am using a Buffalo, TeraStaion Pro network storage device with the FBackup 4 software for my department database server backup.
I need to backup one of the SQL database backup file, having file extension .bak and size is around 60GB. The backup process was successful, but when I open up the backup folder at the destination disk (TeraStation Pro), there is no file in the folder.
Need advices on why the .bak file was unable to backup. I have try to do both scheduled and mannual backup, same result obtained. Log file shown that zero file was found in the source folder, which I have put a checked on it.
Pls advise. Thanks.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please note the *.bak files are filtered to be excluded from the backup by default.

You can change that in order to back them up if you go to Backup Properties->Filters. Select the existing filter and press Edit. Delete the *.bak file extension from that list.

Press Save and run again the backup.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html