One backup running twice daily

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
stillstonevisions

Post by stillstonevisions »

I have two backups in FBackup. One is a mirror of the whole main drive which runs at 12 am. The 2nd backs up a particularly important folder and its sub-folders and that is set to start at 4 am. That 2nd backup is also running at 7 PM, though I find no reason anywhere in its configuration it should run at that time. It's definitely the same 4am backup. Tonight, when it finished shortly after 7 PM, its summary said "Next scheduled backup 4/21/2012 4:00 AM".
Can someone help me stop it from running twice a day?
Thanks,

Paul

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please open Task Scheduler from Control Panel and delete the extra scheduler which you don't need.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

stillstonevisions

I am not using Windows Task Scheduler. I opened it anyway, but there are no tasks. I am using FBackup's own scheduler. The backup in question is set to run at 4 AM. I initially set it up to run at 7 PM but soon changed it to 4 AM, but still it runs at both 4 AM and 7 PM.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
FBackup stores the schedulers in the same place as Windows.

You can also check the C:/Windows/Tasks folder

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

stillstonevisions

Ok I found it there and deleted the file. I'll know tonight for sure, but I suspect that will solve the problem. Thanks.

stillstonevisions

In c:\windows\tasks, I deleted two files, "fba_Photos Backup.job" and fba_Photos Backup(1).job. I have now done this twice because last night, the backup again ran at 7 PM, which it is not supposed to be doing. After I deleted those files, I went into FBackup and rescheduled the job, with the internal scheduler, to run at 4 AM. Checking that folder this morning, both files are back. Their modification times are as follows:
fba_Photos Backup.job 4/28/2012 4:00 AM

fba_Photos Backup(1).job 4/28/2012 8:07 PM
Which means that even though there is not scheduled run at either 7 or 8 pm, it rewrote that file an hour after I deleted it. What's going on and how can I stop it running that unwanted backup?
Thanks,

Paul

stillstonevisions

It just ran ANOTHER backup at 9 am. This is not scheduled or wanted. This thing is out of control!

stillstonevisions

I really need assistance with this still. It just started another unscheduled backup at 9 am. Had to abort the program as I am doing other things with the computer and don't want it stealing resources. That's why it is scheduled to run in the middle of the night.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
The scheduler tasks are not created by themselves.

Please check both locations for scheduled tasks.

stillstonevisions

What do you mean "both locations"? You have only mentioned c:\windows\tasks.