Problem with Scheduled Tasks

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Giorgiocol78

Post by Giorgiocol78 »

I have seen in a precedent post that with the new version of Fbackup ( 4.5 Build 232 ) it should be possbile to run scheduled backups without being logged on, using the Windows Scheduler instead of Fbackup Scheduler.

I have tried to configure a backup using Windows Scheduler but it works only if I stay connected with server.When I log off , the scheduled task doesn't start ( i see in the wndows task scheduler that the job starts but it ends after 1 seconds and the backup doesn't run ).

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thank you

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
You need to create the scheduled task using a local account.

Can you send us these files?

- the .fkc catalog file for that job. You can find the .bkc file if you go to View->Open folder->Destination folder.

- the .log file for the last backup job. To find it, please go to: View->Job Logs->Last Backup Log.

- the schedule task for this job. You can find it if you go to: Start->Control Panel->Scheduled Tasks

- the SchedLgU.Txt file from C:Windows.

Put the files into a zip archive and send them to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Giorgiocol78

Post by Giorgiocol78 »

Hi

I can't use a local account because server is a domain controller.

Have you some ideas?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Can you create the scheduled task from Windows?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Giorgiocol78

Post by Giorgiocol78 »

Hi
I have tried to configure the scheduled task manually but it gives the same problem.

When i'm not logged , the task starts and ends in a second.

Is it possible that it doesn't execute Fbackup.exe for some reasons?

I have seen that when it starts fbaSchedStarter.exe then it should activate fbackup.exe.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
It seems there is a problem on your computer.

Can you schedule another application to run when you are not logged on?

Giorgiocol78

Post by Giorgiocol78 »

Hi
I have configured a scheduled task which starts notepad.exe.

It starts without problems also if i'm logged off - when i reconnect i see that the job is running and , in task manager, i can see notepad.exe.

FraidyMan

Post by FraidyMan »

Me too. I can't get fbackup to start when no user is logged on. We need to logout when unattended and overnight for security reasons, and, of course, this is exactly when we need to backup. I think I've tried every combination of Win/Fb scheduler and user, but maybe I went right by a working combo in my frustration. Can you suggest a combination to try?
BTW Thanks for a great product.

tlwright

Post by tlwright »

I am getting the same problem. It was working well until the last program update. Now neither scheduler will work.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Please create a scheduled task from Windows.

In the Program/script line, put the path for "fbaSchedStarter.exe". It should be in the installation folder for FBackup.

In arguments field, put: /R "job name" -PRIORITY 2

In "Start in" use FBackup 4 installation folder path.

Let us know if you still have the problem.