Question about network backup and backupfile name

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
telmessos

Post by telmessos »

Hi all,
I would like to know the procedure of Fbackup for network backups. Does FBackup create the file on the existing disk and transfer or directly create the zip file and add the files in it? If it is the first option I will have difficulties as my server has 60GB of backup files and I don't have enough space on the local drive for a zip file to be created.
Another question is the zip file name to be created. Fbackup creates 1_C.zip 2_C.zip etc. I have my own script which renames the backup files and moves it to the related folder. Is it possible to make the backup file always the same?
Many thanks

telmessos

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
FBackup creates the zip file locally, in Temp folder and after that moves it to destination. You cannot change the temp folder location in FBackup, but only in Backup4all, our commercial edition.
You can edit the zip file name prefix, but you cannot change this part "1_C", "1_D".

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html