You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Adrian (Softland)

Re: repeat backups take same time

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

We need the complete files.

Beckler

Post by Beckler »

Understand. So my question is: in Mirror mode, how do I make the program check the destination and see that it's already mirrored? After the last run when I cancelled the backup in progress, it has apparently reset itself and now has "found" all folders again, and will copy them all even though they already exist. I tried Test but it doesn't work for mirror mode I don't think.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

FBackup uses its own backup catalog to determine which files were backed up. If the files are not in the backup catalog, they will be backed up again.

saltbayone

Post by saltbayone »

it think it caused by Smart Scanning option.

Adrian (Softland)

@saltbayone

The "Smart file scanning mode" option applies to the source files, not to destination files.
FBackup does not recognize the files in destination if they are not in the backup catalog.

dervisvid

Post by dervisvid »

backup usually takes time, its normal issue.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

If the backup is cancelled, the files already copied in the current backup execution will remain in destination, but the catalog won't be saved. Because the backup was cancelled.
This way, when you run again the backup, the backup will try again to back up those files from the cancelled backup.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html