req: 'test' option

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
MiG

Post by MiG »

I had to cancel the verification phase of a large backup job because I had to go away yesterday, but when I got back I found out that fbackup just takes the integrity of the backup for granted (even though it hasn't actually tested everything).

In the past I've also had the odd situation where for some reason there were major discrepancies between my laptop and the backup drive (mirror mode, set to propagate deletions). The simple fix would be to delete the backup location and both index files, but doing a large, several hour backup again just so fbackup runs its tests seems like a bit of overkill.
Would it be possible to include a manual 'test' option in a future version?

i.e. fbackup basically just going through the backup location and comparing them to the source files, and then either validating them or correcting differences.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
We added your feature request to our Wishlist. Please note a manual test option is available in Backup4all, our commercial product.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

MiG

Post by MiG »

Appreciate it!