Restoring

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
Bobermac

Restoring

Post by Bobermac »

I am using windows 8 and I am thinking about reverting back to windows 7 which requires me to restore to factory settings.
My question is: If I reinstall FBackup on Windows 7 will I have any problems with restoring my files. I am using a USB disk for backup
Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Restoring

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You won't have any problems. It should work as on a new computer.
After restoring the OS, make sure you open the .fkc catalog files from the backup destination to have the most recent version of the catalogs loaded in FBackup.

Bobermac

Post by Bobermac »

Thanks very much, that's want I was looking for.

diamondjim

Post by diamondjim »

I've been getting errors with my main hard drive, so I am doing a full system backup, my question is, if I need to format or replace the drive, how do I restore my system? is the program also stored on my USB drive I am using to backup my system to?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please note FBackup was not designed for system backup, but for data files backups only. You first need to install Windows and all programs and only after that you should install Backup4all and restore the backups.

gdilelle

Post by gdilelle »

My laptop was stolen and I had restored my backup on my new machine. Everything worked very well for all MS Office files, PDFs, etc., but my archived emails files (Lotus Notes), when I try to open them I receive a "File Truncated - Files may be damaged". Is it a problem from my external disk that is damaged? Is there anything else that I can do to recover access to these files?

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

If you used the Full backup type, try opening the destination .zip file using WinZip 9.1 or later. Do you still have the problem?