"Show warning and error messages when scheduled"

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
dizzy

Post by dizzy »

Hi,

i have a few questions. I had scheduled my backup to run one a week, but noticed that it had not run in over a month. I use FBackup to schedule this with windows task scheduler. I am wondering if there might have been an error...in trying to track down this i noticed the following under Views->Summary:
Show warning and error messages when scheduled: No

Abort backup when source drives are not available: No

Ask for user input when backup cannot continue: No
I'd like to set the first and third option so that i become aware of any issues. However i am unable to find where i would make these settings. Can anyone assist?
Also, are there logs to tell whether an attempt was made to run the backup?
Lastly, currently i am backup to a directory on my local C: drive. I am doing this only because i have had issues backing up to a usb external drive (WD Passport). Are there known issues with backing up to usb drives? I think the reason for failure when backing up to the usb drive is because the computer is in sleep mode and the usb drive either is also in 'sleep' mode or for some reason is disconnected when the computer is in sleep mode.
Thanks much for any assistance

dizzy

Post by dizzy »

ping..

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Those 3 options are not available in FBackup, but only in our commercial edition: Backup4all
You can see in the Event Viewer or in the SCHEDLGU.TXT file (from C:WindowsTasks) whether an attempt was made to run the backup.
There aren't known issues when backing up to USB drives.
Please send us the log file for a failed backup to see what the problem is. To find it, go to View->Job Logs->Last backup log. You can send it to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html