I use and love FBackup, but recently my storage needs have grown to the point where I now need two 2TB drives to hold my data. Unfortunately, the dual-drive enclosure I just bought only supports JBOD to the point where I have a drive letter for EACH drive in the enclosure. Having failed to figure out how to get windows to span 2 usb drives (it fails due to being unable to convert usb drives to dynamic disks), I'm now wondering if FBackup can automatically split the backup between two external drives?
Just to be more clear, this is what I want:
- I would like to run a mirror backup (full)
- My destination is 2 drives, showing up both as one drive letter each
- FBackup would perform the backup until the 1st disk filled up, then would continue using the 2nd disk
- Both destination disks would still be just normal disks/volumes
- FBackup would maintain file+folder structure for any files it copied
- When I wanted to restore, I could simply do a copy/paste from Drive1, then Drive2 back to the restore target, and the exact backup mirror would be restored.
Make sense? I might be willing to get the pro version for this feature.