suggestion

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
peterik

Post by peterik »

I've been a user of Fbackup for a few weeks now, and am impressed. I had been fighting with WDSmartware before that, and it just didn't want to play ball at all. Didn't want to recognize a WD External drive, at which stage I gave up wasting time with it. Since installing FBackup, my backups are a piece of cake. Even Nortons360 doesn't provide the simplicity or functionality of Fbackup. I wanted a simple mirror backup - no encrypting, no compressing. I have 2x1TB drives and 1x2TB external Drive (which I use for backups using USB3). Just my data( not including any programs) tot up to just over 1,000,000 files and ~400GB, so my initial backup took quite a few hours with FBackup. Since then however, it backs up any new files in ~15-20 minutes every couple of days. I love it.

What I would like to see is some sort of summation as to how many files and how many MB's/G's have been backed up. Is it possible to have an updating log? A simple text file would be nice.

Also, could it be made to run a simple sound file when completed? I like to usually leave the machine alone while FBackup does it's thing, and would like to know it's completion.

And, finally, can someone please put FBackup in the spell-check dictionary. I keep getting squiggly lines while I type this message up.
Thanks again for a simply brilliant product. I've suggested to Nortons360 they take a leaf out of your book. It's kinda Nortons275 at the moment....

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
1. The backup log with information can be found in View->Job Logs->Last backup log.

2. The sound notifications are not available in FBackup, but only in our commercial edition Backup4all

3. Can you send me some screenshots to see exactly what do you mean? Send them to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

peterik

Post by peterik »

When I use the word "FBackup", the spell checker does what you see doing here.
I have sent an email with just the first line above in the post.
The log gives me a list of all the files backed up, maybe I'm being fussy, but I just wanted the number of files (without counting them all myself) and the MB's saved. Neither piece of info is in the log. Lot's of interesting stuff, but not those 2 basics stats... Unless I can't see them without bright neon light's flashing "Look here" :)

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
At the end of the backup log, you can see:
Total number of files added to backup: 5

Total number of folders added to backup: 1

Total size of files added to backup: 223.20 KB

Number of files excluded: 0

Number of folders excluded: 0

Files skipped: 0

Next scheduled backup:

Backup completed at 24/10/2011 6:04:52 PM with 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html