Verification after backup

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
titancrab

Post by titancrab »

Every time I run a mirror backup, after all files were copied to the destination drive, the program would verify all the files, it took quite some time for large backup contents, could it be eliminated so as to save time ?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
The test after backup action cannot be disabled in FBackup. It can be disabled only in our commercial edition: Backup4all

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Barneyboy

Post by Barneyboy »

I have taken a "full back up" today on a different computer.
I think that I too am suffering from this verification problem - it states that it is "testing".
Lets get this down time wise - I have taken the back up which took a long time to complete, it is now "testing". I started at 09:00am this morning. It has being doing the whole exercise since then and is still going at 20:45pm at night and has still only completed 81% of the "test".
The separate hard drive is extremely warm as you can imagine.
The back up exercise has taken nearly 12 hours!
Surely this is not right?
How long should I leave it?
What would happen if I hit "Cancel"?

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
How large is your backup?

What is the total size of the source files?

How many files were added to the backup?
The backup time depends on the number of files and folders, the total size of the files, the destination drive speed, the backup settings, the transfer ratio and also on your computer performance.
If you press Cancel, the test will abort and the backup will not be affected.

However, FBackup won't tell you the backup was successful as long as it wasn't tested.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html