VSCSRV.EXE crashing on Windows XP

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
TORMIKE

VSCSRV.EXE crashing on Windows XP

Post by TORMIKE »

I recently downloaded Fbackup 8.3 onto my Windows XP desktop and am getting the error that vscsrv.exe is crashing. The only posts I see are from way back in 2009, 2010, and some in 2013. Here we are in 2019. Is there a fix for this problem? I''ve tried some of the ideas from years ago and it still seems to happen. The backup itself works fine but how do I get rid of this message? It fails on 3 different types of backups...a backup from a local drive to a local drive, a backup from a local drive to a usb drive, and a backup from a local drive to a network drive. The vscsrv.exe crash message occurs on all 3 backups. This also seems to prevent my computer from shutting down periodically. As suggested years ago, I have switched the Volume Shadow Copy from manual to automatic and then back again and the error still happens. I'm only moving very small files do space is not an issue.

Any ideas?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: VSCSRV.EXE crashing on Windows XP

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We don't have such problems here.
What about if you disable the Volume Shadow Copy service from Control Panel->Services?

vicyclesix

Post by vicyclesix »

Method 1: Try uninstalling and reinstall the Bitdefender software and check.

1) Press Windows key + X

2) Find and click the “Control Panel”.

3) Find Programs and click on Uninstall a Program.

4) Find the Bitdefender icon in the list, and then select it to start uninstalling it from your computer.

5) When it is done, press OK. Then you can reboot your computer to take effect.

Method 2: If issue persists you may try installing the program in Clean boot mode and check. A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Johnnypaul

Post by Johnnypaul »

My friend computer has slowed completely. In the Task Manager I see vsserv.exe running from 70-96%. In researching I see this probably having come from Bitdefender but I can't find it on my machine. I think I may have tried it and removed the program but this is still on my machine. How to get rid of it?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please open Backup4all, go to Backup Properties->Advanced page.
Uncheck the "Backup open files" option and press Save.
Run again the backup.
Do you still have the problem?

Starman202

Post by Starman202 »

Win XP SP3 since loading 9.0.287 and now on .297 unable to open Fbackup at all. Continual pop up to restart the IPC server. If I answer yes nothing happens and I still cannot open FBackup.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please make sure the antivirus/firewall is not blocking the bservice.exe process from the FBackup installation folder.
Also make sure the FBackup service is started and running properly in Control Panel->Services.