As a new user of FBackup I am impressed with its capabilities and ease of use. However, I question some of the statements here about "not appropriate for system backups."
Rather than discuss specific issues about this I think it would be easier for everyone to simply ask "Will the following scenario return my system to it's pre-crash state?"
1. Run FBackup selecting all files/folders on the C: drive (this is the pre-crash state)
2. C: drive crashes and is replaced with a new, blank drive
3. New drive is formatted and Window installed on it (Vista64 in my case.)
4. FBackup is installed on C: drive
5. Restore everything on C: from backup created in Step 1.
What I'd like is my system after step 5 to be identical to what it was at Step 1. So the question is, will it be?
If the answer is yes I am a happy camper. If no, I still might be happy if the differences are only structural and don't affect the system's behavior or operation.