Windows 7 Setup and Plug-Ins

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
msc

Post by msc »

I'm a long time FBackup user with Windows XP. All of my docs, photos, etc, in XP are located in "My Documents" and I use the "My Documents" plug-in in FBackup. All works perfect.
Just bought a 64 bit Windows 7 PC and noticed that "My Documents" do not contain all the folders I need to backup, as does XP. It seems that all the major folders in Windows 7 (My Docs, My Photos, My Videos, etc.) are located in Windows Explorer under the category of the User Account name. Windows 7 calls it the "Personal Folder"
I'm getting ready to set up FBackup on this new PC and was wondering if there is a plugin for this "Personal Folder" for Windows 7? Or any other dedicated plugins for Windows 7?
If not, how do you recommend setting up the primary backup job to capture all the major folders that were part of My Documents in XP?
Thanks...

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
There is also a plugin for My Pictures. You can use it or you can manually add those folders as backup sources in a new backup job.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html