After disk image restore, Fbackup restore is missing folders

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
tkaklein

After disk image restore, Fbackup restore is missing folders

Post by tkaklein »

Hi. I have been using Fbackup to backup/restore files to an external drive for a while now. My platform is Windows 8. Recently I needed to do a disk image restore of my C: drive using a different product (Macrium Reflect). The image backup was about a month old, so before I did the image restore, I did an Fbackup of all my latest folders and files. I then did the system image restore. I then opened Fbackup to do a file/folder restore to bring all my files up to date. However, I found that the Fbackup catalog was not current in that it did not include all the latest folders and files I had backed up to the external drive before the system restore. These latest data were all on the external drive--it's just that the latest folders/files were not showing up in my FBackup file restore list. So I'm thinking that when I did a system restore, it may have put in place an old version of the FBackup catalog on my C: drive. Seems strange to me that this would cause a problem, though, as I figure the FBackup catalog would be backed up onto the external drive along with the files/folders getting backup up, so it could be used when doing a restore.

So my question is this: After I do a C: disk image restore, how do I then do an FBackup flie/folder restore of the latest data from my external drive?

Thanks,

Ken

Adrian (Softland)

Re: After disk image restore, Fbackup restore is missing folders

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The backup catalog of FBackup is stored in 2 places: in the backup destination and in the local catalog folder.
In your case, you should delete the backup job from FBackup and open the .fkc catalog file from the backup destination. That will recreate the backup job in FBackup using the latest catalog version from the backup destination.
Try again to run the restore.