Backup completed with warnings destination error

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Bernardw2006

Post by Bernardw2006 »

Hi I have been using Fbackup for a short while with no problems. Backing up files (mirror)from Vista and Win7 to an XP PC. But for some reason which I cannot work out all backups now complete with warnings. The files are copied to the XP pc but with Zero KB and are locked. An extract from the log
[17/02/2012 16:18:39] Warning: Skipping file C:\Users\Bernard\Desktop\Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8.txt

Destination error (code 2). System Error. Code: 2.

The system cannot find the file specified. \\DESKTOP\SharedDocs2\Bernard\Acer Laptop\C\Users\Bernard\Desktop\Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8.txt.
The problem seems to point to the XP PC as I have tried the same backup to a memory stick with no problems. I can manually copy files to the same location on the XP PC.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Do you have the same problem if you create a new backup job?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Bernardw2006

Post by Bernardw2006 »

Yes, I even uninstalled Fbackup and then reinstalled. Started a new backup the one shown in previous post is an extract from it. Just used the contents of the desktop as a test as it had fewer files.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Can you find the path of the file you mentioned above?

Do you have the same problem with any other network path?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

Bernardw2006

Post by Bernardw2006 »

Hi
Yes I can see the path
I have tried again to a different destination on the C: drive with the same result, extract below.
[22/02/2012 09:27:44] Warning: Skipping file C:\Users\Bernard\Desktop\Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8.txt

Destination error (code 2). System Error. Code: 2.

The system cannot find the file specified. \\Desktop\My Documents\Bernard\Acer Laptop\C\Users\Bernard\Desktop\Ashampoo WinOptimizer 8.txt.
However I have also tried to a second Hard Drive (F:) on the same PC and this worked so it seems to point to some issue with the C: Drive.
Thanks again for your assistance.