Backup job greyed out, cannot delete

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Dragonrider

Backup job greyed out, cannot delete

Post by Dragonrider »

I help out at a couple of local charities here in the UK, mainly assisting with their computer work.

I installed the free version of FBackup for them to use to save the documents and other vital files and folders they work on. After someone used it last week I got a report that it wasn't working now.

I ended up having to re-create the task to make the backups as whatever happened has made the original backup job unusable.

However, the problem is that I am unable to delete the original backup job as every option is greyed out. Can anyone offer a solution and enable me to remove the failed backup job please, so other users aren't confused. Thanks in advance.
fbackup.jpg
fbackup.jpg (48.85 KiB) Viewed 8794 times

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup job greyed out, cannot delete

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If the application is stuck, please close the interface, then kill the bbackup.exe process from Task Manager.
Then go to AppData folder, in Softland/FBackup 6/Jobs folder, delete the ini file(s).
After that, please open again FBackup.

Dragonrider

Re: Backup job greyed out, cannot delete

Post by Dragonrider »

Thank you so much! I had to search for the correct folder but once I found it, just deleted the affected log file, and FBackup is back up and running perfectly now.