Backup runs once, then quits.

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
nosliwyrag

Backup runs once, then quits.

Post by nosliwyrag »

Running v.5.414 on Lenovo Thinkcentre, Intel Core 2 duo (E6550, 2.33 GHz), Win7 64bit. Scheduled backup does not run. If I change the time, it will run one time, then quit until I change the time again. I have tried uninstall then shutdown/restart and reinstall. Didn't work. I am reluctant to try restore as the last restore point would cause the loss of some installations, none of which caused any immediate change in how FBackup ran.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup runs once, then quits.

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Did you select the scheduler to run daily?

nosliwyrag

Post by nosliwyrag »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, schedule is set as daily. The Win8 computer runs backups just fine, but this one went haywire back in March. Thought I had it fixed once, but after a couple of days it quit starting again. If I reset the time, in the morning or the night before, it will do the backup once, but the next day won't. No failed logs are shown, so apparently it doesn't recognize this as an error -- that, or I'm not looking in the right place.

nosliwyrag

Post by nosliwyrag »

OK, tried something new. Power management is not set to sleep, just to run Bubbles then idle the monitor. However, I notice the option to "wake computer to run this backup" so I checked it. It ran the backup tonight. Now it just remains to be seen if it will continue to run backups.

nosliwyrag

Post by nosliwyrag »

Back to square 1! Backed-up properly two days in a row, then today, nada.

nosliwyrag

Post by nosliwyrag »

I take that back. I thought it ran last night because the computer was shut down, but my wife must have done it, because the log shows last successful as the 26th. Soooo, it only ran onceas usual.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please schedule the backup to run when you are in front of the computer, just for few days and let us know if that works.