Backup stores nothing

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
bruceh60

Post by bruceh60 »

I followed instructions for creating new backup (added about 15 folders). When Fbackup "runs" it stores nothing on the destination drive/folder except a file, "New Backup.fkc".

When I look in sources to see what should be backed up I see the proper files within each folder I chose.

When I try to do this backup again and again I get a date/time report that it was done but nothing goes (doesn't even update the "New Backup.fkc" file.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please send us:

- the .fkc catalog file for that job. You can find the .fkc file if you go to View->Open folder->Destination folder.

- the .log file for the last backup job. To find it, please go to: View->Job Logs->Last Backup Log.

Put the files into a zip archive and send them to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

bruceh60

Post by bruceh60 »

Sent zipped archive via separate email 11/17/10 10:30 am MT.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
According to the backup catalog, the backup was performed in "2010-11-14 FBackup" folder.

Can you see the files there?
Do you have the same problem with each backup job?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

bruceh60

Post by bruceh60 »

The folder, , is located on an external hard drive. That folder is where the file "New Backup.fkc" is that I zipped to you. No other files are within that folder.
I have only tried this one job.
Would FBackup place the backup files a folder of the same name in another drive yet put the "New Backup.fkc" file where I thought my backup files would go?

{ submitted 12/8/10 7am MT }