fullerdf

Re: btray.exe preventing shutdown

Post by fullerdf »

I can but only with admin privileges.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you have the same problem if you run FBackup using administrator privileges?

fullerdf

Post by fullerdf »

I want the mirror backup to capture files that I generate like documents, photos, etc. Thus I have decided to remove the AppData folder from the backup source files. That has cured the warnings. Is there any reason that I should backup AppData?

When I was adjusting the source files, I saw that numerous NTUSER.DAT files were being backed up. I think they were added automatically by FBackup as they were generated even though I had deselected them earlier. I'm not sure why that is a default characteristic of the program.

I have therefore deselected several other folders and files under each user --- Folders included .gimp-2.6, .jinit, .thumbnails, and Oracle Jar Cache while files deselected included .recently-used.xbel, .TransferManager.db, jinitiator13117.trace, ntuser.ini and several ntuser.dat.... files. Please let me know if and why these automatically generated files are recommended (defaulted) for inclusion. For now I will leave them out.

After that change to the sources, no warnings were generated on the last backup.

However I also ran a Thunderbird backup and a backup of FBackup Configurations. I used the plugins to set up those backups. Thunderbird ran with no errors. FB Configurations did not. The error message was --
"[11/14/2013 12:25:03 AM] Warning: Skipping file C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\FBackup Configurations(2).fkc-journal
The system cannot find the file specified"

Perhaps you have a recommendation on correcting this error. Please let me know.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

FBackup will include in backup all files and folders you add on the sources page.
There are some default excluded file types, including the mentioned ones, you probably disabled the default filters from Backup Properties->Filters.

fullerdf

Post by fullerdf »

The exclude filters were all selected (checked). I guess something is wacky. At least for now the source files and the folders mentioned are unchecked. Also the filters are selected.

I'm not sure why the C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs file with -journal causes a warning. I don't see the file with "-journal" suffix but the file itself (i.e. FBackup Configurations(2).fkc) is in the folder without the suffix. I just reran the job and the same error occurred since neither I nor FBackup could find the named file with a -journal suffix.

Why was that file "added" if it does not exist? The template was not modified.

Ernur

Post by Ernur »

Softland wrote:Hi,

Please open FBackup, go to File->Options.
On Startup page, uncheck the "Show tray icon" and press OK.
Do you still have the problem?
I'm using fbackup 5.0 -230. I don't see that startup page and "show tray icon" message. I can only see this page :

I want to change a backup job but Icant do it. I am able to create and run backup jobs, but I cant modify created jobs.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

The is only the start up splash. Please press Close in order to access the main application.

drake85

Post by drake85 »

drake85 wrote:

Please open FBackup, go to File->Options.
On Startup page, uncheck the "Show tray icon" and press OK.
Do you still have the problem?
I've just made that change. Since it is not always a re-occurring issue, I'll have to wait to see if that made a difference.
Just as an update to the Softland user, my original issue with unable to shutdown correctly seems to have gone away.

Thanks.

Ernur

Post by Ernur »

The is only the start up splash. Please press Close in order to access the main application.
When I press Close button, the Getting Started window is being closed and no other window appears, unfortunately I cant see any other window and Fbackup application minimize itself to taskbar.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Dear Ernur,
Can you give me access to your computer using TeamViewer to see what the problem is?
Send me an email to info[at]fbackup[dot]com to discuss when I can connect.