Build 358 uninstall problem, Build 359 install problem

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Jim Rockford

Build 358 uninstall problem, Build 359 install problem

Post by Jim Rockford »

(running Win7) Thanks to your build 358, which I see was quickly updated to build 359, I now have 2 computers that I cannot even log into. I get a message stating "Preparing to Configure Windows. Please do not turn off your computer" (the usual thing after Windows updates). Then both these computers go into an endless reboot cycle, as the "configurations" never seem to take place. Obviously, the FBackup program is the root cause of this disaster because Build 359 was rushed out to correct a "Windows reboot problem" (to put it mildly). I cannot even log into safe mode without encountering the same problem. Doing F8 to initiate Windows Startup Repair also fails. And, finally, using the "Load last known good configuration" from System Recover is also not working. What is this software doing exactly?
Last edited by Jim Rockford on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Rockford

Re: Softland should be ashamed

Post by Jim Rockford »

Okay, I have now managed to bypass the devastation wrought by FBackup thanks to this System Recovery Tutorial:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/13 ... overy.html

However, after trying to purge my Windows 7 system (going back to an earlier registry setting) of FBackup, I am unable to install what seems to be the functional version 359. The FBackup installer keeps complaining that it needs the fbsetup.msi file because it cannot install the newer version over the older one. How does one deal with this problem? Where can one obtain this fbsetup.msi file? Do I have to reinstall the original version 5.0 or what?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Build 358 uninstall problem, Build 359 install problem

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You created multiple topics with the same problem. I answered you on the other topic.