Can't get the program started. .

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
bud2587

Post by bud2587 »

I have downloaded to the Program Files and all shortcuts installed normally at least 3 times. The FBackup4.Ink does not start the program. Starting it from the Program files does not work either. No apparent interference from the Firewall. I didn't see any reference to requiring a key of any kind from the vendor.
Thurs Aug 06 - I did download it again from the site you gave me but it still just gives me the default sound. Everything was deleted out of the Previous Program Files.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please rename this folder and try again:

"C:/Documents and Settings/user name/Application Data/Softland/FBackup 4"

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

bud2587

Post by bud2587 »

I did rename this folder as directed; still doesn't execute the file. Thanks I have since deleted the program for further instructions.

arcarter

Post by arcarter »

This looks like the same problem I have been having since version 145 came out.Try going back to ver 139 if you have it. It works fine for me ......Tony

arcarter

Post by arcarter »

From what I have seen in trying to diagnose the problem it seems that with version 145 on my system it is unable to recognize that I am running it from an administrator account even though it will not let you install the program if the account does not have administrator privileges.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Please download the latest version of FBackup 4.2 build 153 from here

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

arcarter

Post by arcarter »

I have tried installing build 153 and I get the same error as with the previous build

The program will not start properly. I re-installed build 139 and I can once again use the program.