Cannot create a file when that file already exists

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
waltere

Re: Cannot create a file when that file already exists

Post by waltere »

I did have a file by that name on the destination drive, I deleted and had the same problem. Then I deleted the file on the source drive, so that there were no catalog files for this back up, and still had the same problem.

waltere

Post by waltere »

I noticed the error always seemed to occur in the same folder, so I changed the backup to omit that folder, Result: Same problem, different folder.
I created a new backup job that included among its sources the folder that initially caused problems. A full backup ran fine, twice consecutively, Then I changed the backup type to mirror. That ran with warnings that several files in the problem folder were not found in the backup and were skipped. However, they were present in the backup. I changed nd moved a few files (not in the problem folder) just to have some changes, and ran the mirror backup a second time. Same result -- said it couldn't find a number of files (althought the were there both in source and destination) and that they had been skipped

Here is an example from the log file

[11/16/2013 1:12:04 PM] Warning: File "K:\Documents backup\C\Users\Walt Eldredge\Documents\Kids - Jud\Backup for Jud Spring 2012\thesis\cultivation\Cultivation Theory\elderly-age\Effects of Television Viewing on Knowledge and Attitudes about Older Adults A Critical Reexamination_files\advert(1).htm" not found in backup, skipped.

I do notice that the problem files are in more than one sub folder of the same folder.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Can you please send me the last backup log and the backup catalog to info[at]fbackup[dot]com?

crowg

Post by crowg »

I sent you one from another email address that allowed zips. Let me know if you got it or not.

andrewop

Post by andrewop »

Hello
you are welcome to FBackup Forums
you have long path problem and you can solve it by using long path tool.