Cannot create a file when that file already exists

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
EarthSpirit

Post by EarthSpirit »

I get this message in the log

I am backuping on a home network
I have a folder nesting in another folder on the root of a computer on the network. Both folders are shared. I can copy files manually without problem.
I set the option "run before backup" "clear backup" to help but it did the same.

EarthSpirit

Re: Cannot create a file when that file already exists

Post by EarthSpirit »

I deleted the file thinking it was the one already created. C:\Users\Earth Spirit\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\Backup second.fkc

That changed slightly the error and then had the same error message
log below
The new error is in the second line. Cannot create file: before the name of the networked computer, there is "UNC\" What is it?

[01/01/2015 11:15:46] Archiving files to 1_My Documents.zip
[01/01/2015 11:15:47] Warning: Skipping all files and folders from drive "<My Documents>". Cannot create file "\\?\UNC\EARTHSPIRITPC\Backup\Second\Backup second\1_My Documents.zip". The system cannot find the path specified

[01/01/2015 11:15:47] Saving backup catalog "C:\Users\Earth Spirit\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\Backup second.fkc"
[01/01/2015 11:15:51] Closing file "C:\Users\Earth Spirit\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\Backup second.fkc"
Backup aborted. Reason:
Could not copy "C:\Users\Earth Spirit\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\Backup second.fkc" to "\\EARTHSPIRITPC\Backup\Second\Backup second.fkc".
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
Total number of files added to backup: 0
Total number of folders added to backup: 0
Total size of files added to backup: 0 KB (uncompressed), 0 KB (compressed)
Number of files excluded: 0
Number of folders excluded: 0
Next scheduled backup: 02/01/2015 17:09:31
Backup aborted after 1:13 minute(s) at 01/01/2015 11:15:51 with 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
[01/01/2015 11:15:55] Closing file "C:\Users\Earth Spirit\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\FBackup.hst"

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the complete log file and the .fkc catalog file from the backup destination to info[at]fbackup[dot]com to see what the problem is.

EarthSpirit

Post by EarthSpirit »

Hi, You sent a link for a newer version and that sorted the problem. Thank you