Do you want to restart the IPC server?

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
bbatchman77

Post by bbatchman77 »

FBackup 5.0.314
Operating system: Windows Server 2008 R2 Server 4.0 Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Physical memory (free/total) : 9086 MB/16374 MB
Admin/BkPriv/RePriv : True/False/False
IsWOW64 : True
Locale : English (United States)

I installed fbackup and used for a few days then all the sudden I get this dialog while trying to open fbackup. If you answer no fbackup never opens, if you say yes it trys to do something then prompts with the same message again:

There was an error while trying to connecto to the IPC server
Timeout waiting for a reply to imtRegister 0

What I've tried with no luck. Windows firewall: disabled
Anti-virus: disabled
Uninstall & Reinstall fbackup: worked 1 time, got a successful backup then next time same message.

It however does appear that the backup is working but not certain as it has an error at the end:

Backup aborted. Reason:
Invalid class string, ProgID: "WbemScripting.SWbemLocator" so the software returns 259 event code for failure.

Please advise,
Brian
Last edited by bbatchman77 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suis49

Re: Do you want to restart the IPC server?

Post by Suis49 »

I get the same problem with version 5.00.325. After installing last 5.00.336, problem still there. PC with win 7 32 bit. NAS Server.
On another laptop (win 7 64bits) connected to the same network, no problem till now !!!

Some help ? Thanks
JP

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Are there any applications installed on the computer with problems that can cause that problem? example: antivirus/firewall.

Suis49

Post by Suis49 »

Hi,

Yes I have both : GDATA antivirus and Windows (7) firewall. I never got a message from the firewall nor Gdata about Fbackup.

Until today, this problem happened only during a long backup, after more than 10mn. It "seems" that the backup is still going on in the background when I answer No to the question "do You want to restart ?" (the NAS is always in activity, and the size of save datas is increasing on the NAS, e.g. when I ask for the properties of a folder). Could the antivirus or firewall make problems only after a while ?
Today I started Fbackup and got the same error, before the main window opens. I had to start 3 times before being successful.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The backup process is running in background even if the IPC server message appears. Try to put the bservice.exe file in the exceptions list of the firewall / antivirus.