Error: Cannot create folder

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
richardn

Error: Cannot create folder

Post by richardn »

Hi. This program was working great for me for a while. But at some point, it got in a state where it cannot access my G: drive anymore. The G: drive password changed and there was no access for a few days. But now, I've restored that and it is accessible via "My Computer" and via command prompt, etc. But FBackup always gives me this error still:

[2/20/2015 10:08:42 AM] Opening file "C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\FBackup.hst"
[2/20/2015 10:08:42 AM] Starting backup for "Work" at 2/20/2015 10:08:42 AM
[2/20/2015 10:08:42 AM] Checking backup destination (Local hard drive)
Backup aborted. Reason:
Cannot create folder "G:\Work". The system cannot find the path specified
Backup aborted. Reason:
Cannot create folder "G:\Work". The system cannot find the path specified
Next scheduled backup: 2/21/2015 12:00:00 AM
Backup aborted after 0 second(s) at 2/20/2015 10:08:42 AM with 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
[2/20/2015 10:08:42 AM] Error: Cannot create folder "G:\Work". The system cannot find the path specified

There are really 2 reasons given: 1) "Cannot create folder" and 2) "cannot find the path specified". Those are really two different things so I'm not sure which it is. The folder G:\Work exists and it is accessible so I'm not sure how to fix?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Error: Cannot create folder

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you have the same problem if you run FBackup as administrator?

richardn

Post by richardn »

Yes. The user I log in from is administrator. But also, I tried clicking "Run this program as administrator" and the same problem happened.

pierrem

Post by pierrem »

I had a similar issue with a network share. Fbackup was giving me these type of errors, yet when I used the DOS command "net use" to map a drive to that share and used the xcopy command it worked fine.
Ultimately, I ended up deleting the network share and recreating it. That solved my problem.

I would suggest that you create another directory on your G: drive, called it Testing. then point Fbackup to it and see if that works!

If that doesn't work, if the drive is a USB drive, try plugging the drive in another USB port on your computer and see if that changes anything!

richardn

Post by richardn »

Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't able to get to try it until today. When I went to try it, FBackup told me that a newer version of FBackup existed and would I like to install it. I installed it and the problem I was having went away! Thanks again.