Exception EOLeException in Module bTray.exe

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
rogercmorrison

Exception EOLeException in Module bTray.exe

Post by rogercmorrison »

Greetings, I am running Windows 10 and I installed the fBackup7 version of the program. When the program finished installing it said it was successful, however it put up a pop-up that read: APPLICATION ERROR - Exception EOLeException in module bTray.exe at 00CFC911. The notification platform is unavailable. I closed the message and continued on creating a scheduled backup, executed the backup, and tested it. From what I can see everything functioned ok, except every time fBackup is started it throws this pop-up up on the screen. I used to run fBackup on an Windows XP system and it worked flawlessly for me for years. When I went to a Windows 7 laptop, I installed fBackup on it, but it was so buggy, it was unusable and hung up more than it ran, I got rid of it. Now I have this Windows 10 desktop set-up and running for 6 months now and I re-installed fBackup7 on it, but if I can't get the application to run smoothly, I probably won't keep it. Thanks for any suggestions on why this error is being thrown and what can be done to correct it. Thanks, Roger :)

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Exception EOLeException in Module bTray.exe

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall FBackup?
You can disable the btray if you open FBackup, go to File->Options->Startup and updates, uncheck the "Show tray icon" option and press OK.

rogercmorrison

Re: Exception EOLeException in Module bTray.exe

Post by rogercmorrison »

Thank you SOFTLAND! I didn't re-install, primarily because the fBackup seemed to think the installation went correctly, but I did uncheck the tray box initialization, as you suggested. I'm sure I can live without the fBackup icon showing up in my taskbar. Hopefully that is the only thing that the error message was conveying. I'll go ahead and set-up some more backups to test that the program is working correctly. Thanks, Roger :D