FB5 won't install

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
john9210

FB5 won't install

Post by john9210 »

I have FB v 4.8 build 289. When I download and try to install v 5.0 build 182 I get the error "fails to install". I've downloaded a new installer a couple of times but I still get the same error. My OS is Win 7 64 bit.

k5keinpismo

Re: FB5 won't install

Post by k5keinpismo »

I have the same problem with Win 7 Pro 32 bit. I had my antimalware program (IOBits AMW) give me a warning about the program at about the 50% installed point. I told the AMW program to allow the installation but the program is still stuck at 50% installed. I tried this with multiple downloads with the same results. The older version of the program (I think it is 4.8 build 289) installed and ran just fine. I would like to use the newer version of the program. HELP!!

k5keinpiusmo

k5keinpismo

Post by k5keinpismo »

I just downloaded the previous version (4.9 build 292) and it installed perfectly. It is an upgrade to my 4.8 version. I will wait until the newer version (5.0) is updated so that I can install it on my computer. I have another computer here that is Win 7 Pro 64 bit. When I fire it up in about a week I will try to install versin 5.0. I have IOBits AMW on that computer also.

k5keinpismo

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

k5keinpismo wrote:I have the same problem with Win 7 Pro 32 bit. I had my antimalware program (IOBits AMW) give me a warning about the program at about the 50% installed point. I told the AMW program to allow the installation but the program is still stuck at 50% installed. I tried this with multiple downloads with the same results. The older version of the program (I think it is 4.8 build 289) installed and ran just fine. I would like to use the newer version of the program. HELP!!

k5keinpiusmo
Hi,

Please uninstall the antimalware program or configure it in the same way not to block FBackup. If you still have the problem, try to download the .msi file from:
http://www.fbackup.com/download/setup/fbsetup.msi