FBackup 5 is not working at all.

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Max

FBackup 5 is not working at all.

Post by Max »

I have just installed FBackup. It is version 501820. The first backup was running fine, I thought; it seemed to have done the listing of files and the shadow copying, and it was apparently now running the mirror backup to my external drive.

However, a problem then suddenly came out of the blue and this message window appeared …

The window, called ‘FBackup 5’, presented this: “Do you want to restart the IPC server? There was an error while trying to connect to the IPC server. Cannot connect pipe client” [+‘Yes’ and ‘No’ buttons.]

On this ‘FBackup 5’ message window, I clicked the “Yes” button. The window immediately disappeared and then it came right back again. When I then, instead, pressed the “No” button the window disappeared for good and the app GUI window also disappeared for good. The FBackup icon in the taskbar also disappeared and was replaced by a blank, white square.

I right-clicked on the white square and selected ‘Show FBackup’ but all I got was the reappearance of the exact same ‘FBackup’ message window. If I selected ‘Show messages’ (the only other choice), an empty ‘Notifications’ window, the message window already described above, and a second message window, all showed up on the desktop. The second message window, ‘btray’, said this: “External exception C06D007F”

For some while, the job still appeared to be active but I had no sure way of monitoring it other than by looking in the backup destination folder on the external drive.

When I could hear no more activity in the external drive I did therefore look inside the backup folder and I found only one very small file - [job name].fck - and no trace of any backup.

Much later the icon in the taskbar returned to its normal appearance and I again tried right-clicking on it and selecting ‘Show FBackup’. This time the red Fbackup “Connecting …” window came up, but it then froze. The same ‘FBackup’ message window as before then reappeared.

So, nothing is working.

While this is being sorted out, would you please make available for us an older version of your app that does work? Thanks, in anticipation.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: FBackup 5 is not working at all.

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We are working to identify and fix this problem.
The older version 4 link is on the Download page.

Max

Re: FBackup 5 is not working at all.

Post by Max »

THANK YOU